Frequently asked questions
What is artplayer?
artplayer is a video platform aimed at showcasing the best video content from the UK arts industry. As well as a website, artplayer offers mobile access and apps, exclusive editorial content, access to major UK arts organisations and a range of video services, including production and training.
How is artplayer.tv funded?
artplayer is funded by Arts Council England and FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology).
What is the difference between a user account and channel account?
Only channel accounts have the ability to upload videos. Channel accounts are only available to UK arts organisations.
How can I register for a user account on artplayer.tv?
It's easy and takes 2 minutes! Just register here for your free user account.
How can I register for a channel account on artplayer.tv?
Once you have signed p for artplayer as a user, go into 'My Account' and click 'Upgrade Account' in the menu on the left-hand side of the page.
How do I upload videos?
If you are a channel account holder then you can upload videos as follows:
- Login to your artplayer.tv channel account
- Click the upload link at the top of every page
- Fill in the video title, description and select the appropriate category (or categories) for your video
- Press the "Continue to Upload" button
- Press the "Browse" button, select your video file to upload and then click the "Upload video" button
- Monitor the progress bar and wait for the success message when your video is uploaded